Perfect Paris

Have you ever had the perfect afternoon?  I mean what would it consist of for you? Everyone is different so everyone's afternoons might be different, but I can tell you I have found mine.


We spent the morning sightseeing and wandering the streets of Paris. As the sun climbed higher in the sky we decided we were ready for a breather and look who was there to lead us to that break.


We passed by this pretty lady and headed through the park to a nearby street, littered with fruit markets, wine shops, bakeries, frommageries and butchers. 






We peaked in and out of shops searching for our perfect afternoon treats, while always keeping an eye on the prize, to make sure she wasn't sneaking away.


 Finally we picked out some goodies. Wine, baguette and some sweets in hand we headed back towards Madam Eiffel.
We picked a shady spot right beneath the tower and laid out our blanket. We kicked off our shoes and made ourselves comfortable on the soft grass. 


Rob opened up the wine, I turned on some music and we melted into the moment. 



It seems that everything in France tastes better, but with this view everything IS better. We sipped our sweet wine, enjoyed our bakery finds, crunched on perfect french bread and drifted into a world where we had no worries (except the idea of the wine running out). 





After our wine and snacks were done we blissfully listened to songs and laid back looking up at our view. Every time I would blink or rest my eyes for a moment I would expect to open them to find that I was right, it had all been a dream, too good to be true, but guess what? Each time I opened my eyes there we were in a real life dream. The idea of "no place I'd rather be" continued to spring into my mind because I could not have imagined a more perfect setting.




Are there tons of people surrounding the Eiffel tower at all moments? Yes. Did we feel like we were the only ones there? Absolutely. I can not stress this enough, if you are in Paris this has to go on the agenda. Yes there are tons of other things to do and see, but quality time with the Eiffel tower is a must.


After a considerable amount of relaxation we decided it was time to go. We collected our things, pulled on our shoes and felt as though we were stepping back into "the real world" (which of course was still Paris, so it wasn't so bad). 


We walked a little slower. I lamented that I didn't want to go. We gave her one last look and promised we would be back soon. 
 


No comments

Back to Top